AON Center: Design & Bid Management for the 27th Floor
JLL’s headquarters’ building, AON Center, was facing a waterproofing membrane issue. The membrane on the 27th floor, which is the floor that intakes all of the building’s air, reached the end of its service life and needed to be replaced. JLL hired RAM USA (a Synergy Partner) to perform professional roof consulting services.
- Provided RRC consulting services which included:
- Detailed Specifications
- Bid Management
- Project Administration
- Project Oversight during construction
- Customized Specifications based on Surveys and RRC observations.
- There were (5) bidders invited to the RFP. RAM USA managed the entire bidding process.
- Bid Management made sure that the proper bidders worked on the job.
- Worked closely with the JLL team to deliver a safe & quality project.
- Tight specifications provided the contractors to bid accurately.
- Received competitive bids from multiple contractors.
- Information from the bids allowed RAM USA & client to choose the right contractor for the job.
- Proper Bid Management helped project come in under budget thus, saving money -bids came in lower due to better specifications and a tighter bidding process. Approx. 25%.
- Fast turn around and delivered ahead of schedule.
- Proper design, product selection, & project management prevented fumes from entering the ventilation system, also worked after hours to minimize interference and fumes.
- Process increased quality and reduced cost