JLL/RAM USA Saves Consumer Products Client $8.8 Million
Global CPG client: Roof Evaluation
Global CPG client in OH faced an aging roof portfolio needed to effectively manage the inevitable future capital outlay. Client delegated this responsibility to JLL. JLL hired RAM USA (A Synergy partner) to devise a comprehensive long term capital plan.
- Global CPG client needed help evaluating the roof structural health across 4 Campuses, 15 Buildings, 300 roof sections totaling 1,550,615 roof sq. ft.
- Modus operandi was to replace roof due to leak, age and appearance.
- Thinking outside of the box JLL engaged RAM USA (A Synergy partner) to conduct innovative aerial infrared site surveys to report on 10 years portfolio assessment and finalize a capital plan.
- Infrared scans are used to locate wet insulation in roofing systems, using forensic data from the images, RAM USA identified roof sections eligible for restoration.
- By utilizing state-of-the-art aerial infrared site survey and virtual roof top inspection, RAM USA was able to recommend areas where roof restorations was possible leading to $8.8 M of cost avoidance
- RAM USA provided 20% lower survey cost due to Synergy preferred pricing = $25,250 cost savings
- Portfolio Asset Value = $33,500,000
- Survey cost = $100,950
- Survey cost = 0.3% of Portfolio Asset Value
- Cost avoidance = $8,800,000
- Return on Investment on conducting the infrared roofing Survey = 8,717%